The terrible, horrible, very bad, no good day of eating.

Today was one of those days... the kind of day where you wake up and despite the fact that the bananas are on the counter, the eggs are in the fridge and the whole grain toast is begging to be toasted, all you want is something greasy and fried.  I'm hoping I'm not the only one who has these days.  I have them regularly. Normally I try really hard not to give into them, but sometimes the opportunity presents itself, and you find your car driving to McDonald's to get an Egg McMuffin and hash browns.  I would be lying here if I said I was proud.


But we've all had those days where we don't make the right choice for breakfast... and what do we do?  We get right back on track with lunch!  Right?!  We definitely don't go to Chick-fil-A and devour waffle fries and Diet Dr. Pepper.  That wouldn't be a good decision at all.

Shockingly, around 3 or 4 pm, I started feeling relatively awful.  Now I'm definitely not Miss Eat Clean Queen on a daily basis, but when I joined Weight Watchers back in 2009, I cut my fast food habit way down.  Lately, though, it's kind of crept back into my life... and while I appreciate that with Weight Watchers, I can still have the food I love (read: food dripping in grease) in moderation, it doesn't mean I can handle it the way I used to.  Before my weight loss, I easily could have downed both those meals no problem.  Now... I struggle.  And I definitely struggled today.  I didn't have much energy, I felt incredibly lethargic, and I was cranky.  I was actually seriously considering blowing off exercise because just the thought of jumping up and down with another HIIT workout made me queasy.  

So I let myself off the hook, but only by a little bit.  I decided that since I had fueled my body poorly all day, a HIIT workout might do more damage than good, and make me feel even more run down.  But I knew I had to do something, and was desperately hoping that a good sweat would make me feel better.  So I did Fire 30 and Stretch 40, and you know what?  It was glorious.  About ten minutes into Fire 30, I felt so much better, and Stretch 40 was exactly what I needed to wrap it all up.  I finished feeling like a brand new person.  And then I ate a banana and planned my healthy breakfast for tomorrow - huzzah!  Sometimes one workout really does make all the difference...


2 comments

  1. I definitely have days like this - yesterday, I ate an exorbitant amount of cookies and holiday treats. And there are days when I know I should eat a salad but just REALLY would rather have carbs, like cereal or a big hunk of french bread. Glad you felt better after your workout!

    ReplyDelete